Orange Chicken Stir-Fry
2 cups chicken stock
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 orange, zested and juiced
1 cup quinoa
1/4 cup chopped chives
1 1/2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breast, thinly sliced
Fresh black pepper
1 chile pepper, thinly sliced
1 inch piece ginger, minced
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 large red bell pepper, thinly sliced
1/2 yellow onion, sliced
1/3 cup hoisin sauce
1/3 cup orange marmalade
2 Tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
For the rice:
1) Bring 1 1/2 cups stock, 1 Tbsp oil, and orange zest to a boil.
2) Add quinoa, stir, and reduce heat to med-low, and cover.
3) Cook 15 minutes, and then stir in the orange juice and chives.
4) Turn off heat and fluff. Remove from heat and keep covered until ready to serve.
For the chicken:
1) Heat the remaining 1 Tbsp oil in a large skillet over high heat.
2) Add the chicken, season with black pepper. Brown evenly and then remove to a plate.
3) To the skillet add chile, ginger, garlic, onion and red bell pepper. Cook until veggies start to soften.
4) Return chicken to the pan.
5) Stir together hoisin, marmalade, soy sauce and remaining chicken stock in a small bowl.
6) Add to the pan and reduce over high heat for 2 minutes.
7) Serve the chicken over quinoa.