Monday, November 29, 2010

guess what............... I BC'D!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 
Were you a long term or short term transitioner, and why?
Short term, transitioning about 3 months.I've been going through a lot of things in my life and I've been contemplating going natural for quite some time. After getting out of a bad situation I figured I could start a new page in my life and the BC would be my first step so I grabbed the scissors and went to work!

When did you BC? What was your initial reaction to your natural hair?
I BC'd on my birthday Nov 24th, which makes it all the more special to me :) My reaction when the first snip came off was "OMG OMG OMFG!!!!!!" I was literally about to cry lol, but I had to remember it's only hair. Afterwords, when I looked in the mirror, I screamed and was like "LAWDDDDDD WTH DID I JUST DO!" o_0
 

 
How did family and friends react to the new you? What was your response to them?
Well on thanksgiving I explained I was going natural after a comment from my cousin about the wrap on my head. They turned over all this chaos about me going natural saying I was stupid and I need a perm. All this bull crap! When I took my wrap off and showed that I did the BC they were speechless but guess what...... after I took that wrap off they shut up and was like OMG I actually like that. Same with my other family members, once they saw my TWA they fell in love, I think I got one of my cousins on the bandwagon to transition to natural heheheee. Woot, Yay me!! Even though my mom was against it (she's stuck on the creamy crack) she has finally accepted the fact that I'm natural and I'm doing me. All in all, the positive energy from everyone REALLY helped my self-esteem and motivation to want to rock my TWA everywhere rather than throw a wrap on my head to cover up the fact I don't have much hair right now.
 
What was your staple hair style during the transition?
I'd either slick my hair back with a headband or throw on my satin head wrap with a bun in the back!
 
Why did you choose to go natural?
I chose to go natural, not because I have friends that are natural, but because I wanted to be free and quit being a follower and be a trend setter! I also wanted people to say that beauty comes within thy self, hair does NOT define who you are by any means. Embrace your natural curls and WORK IT! Now that I've done my BC I feel like a whole new person. My soul has been set free! I've lived my life in the shadows not knowing who I am but after my BC I'm so dominate that I'm almost untouchable!! I am finally free. I'm black, beautiful, free, and LOVING IT!


To follow my journey please subscribe/follow:
Blog - www.LuvNKnappiness.blogspot.com
YT Channel - www.youtube.com/user/LuvNKnappiness

2 comments:

  1. Lookin great!!! Love how you answered questions about transitioning and ur big chop! HHG!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look super-cute, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise! Go you for having the courage to make a big change in your appearance because you wanted to, not for some notion of how others think you should look.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...