- Wash you hair. Towel dry and leave damp.
- Whip three eggs and stick them in the blender. Add a tablespoon of lemon juice. Whip the mixture for a few seconds.
- Saturate your damp hair with the eggs/lemon juice mixture. Wait 15 to 20 minutes. (Oh my God! Can I stand to wait so long?)
- Use cool water to rinse your hair
Tips & Warnings:
- Is your hair shining? Damaged ends fixed? It worked!
- Once you've done a protein conditioner, try another homemade conditioner for extra luster. Mix a small amount (say, a teaspoon) of a clear alcohol, like vodka, with a couple of beaten egg yolks. Wash your hair, towel dry, then work the vodka/egg concoction into your scalp. Let it sit for a few minutes. Then rinse. Hollywood, here I come.
- Still want to try a commercial treatment? Pick a hair protein treatment made for your hair style. Box labels tell you which are a good fit. Follow the directions on the box or bottle. Don't overuse.